There are two different status fields for a background screening:
1. Screening Status: This is the status to track your decision for the screening request as the possible options that may be set by you are:
- Pending: This is the initial status before you make a decision on the applicant once the reports are returned.
- Accepted: If you decide to Accept the applicant you will select the Accepted option on the Decision tab of the Screening record.
- Rejected: If you decide to decline the applicant you will select the Rejected option on the Decision tab of the Screening record.
- Cancelled: In the event you cancel the Screening request before the applicant completes the request the status will be updated to Cancelled.
2. Applicant Status: This is the status returned by TransUnion for each applicant on a Screening record as you will not set this status as it will be dependent on the applicant:
- Pending Applicant: The applicant has not completed the verification and acceptance of the Screening request on the TransUnion website.
- Requested Started: The applicant has created a profile on the TransUnion website, however they have not completed all of the verification steps so that the reports can be released to the property manager/landlord.
- Requested Declined: The applicant declined the Screening request on the TransUnion website.
- Authorization Submitted: The applicant has authorized the release of their information.
- Pending Reports: The reports are being generated by TransUnion.
- Reports Available: The reports are available for review within eRentPayment for the applicant.
- Contact Support: There was an issue with the Screening request so please contact eRentPayment at firstname.lastname@example.org